People having weight loss goals always watch their calories intake. If you are one of those pasta fans calculating the number of calories they are consuming and burning, you might be looking for low-calorie pasta recipes. Let us help you in achieving your weight loss goal without giving up your favorite Italian pasta. Following are the top 3 low-calorie pasta recipes you can make in less than 25 minutes:
- Melon and Prosciutto Pasta Salad
- Green Pasta Puttanesca
- Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad
Melon and Prosciutto Pasta Salad
This Italian appetizer is perfect quick, delicious and portable side dish or lunch. You can also double or triple the recipe to serve a crowd.
- Calories – 236 kcal
- Total time 22 – minutes
- Servings – 6
- Gemelli Pasta – 4 oz.
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
- White wine vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper – ¼ tsp each
- 1/2 small cantaloupe 12 oz.
- 1/2 small honeydew melon 12 oz.
- 12 cocktail bocconcini about 3 oz.
- Torn prosciutto – 3 slices/1.5 oz
- Baby spinach – 4 cups/4 oz.
- Fresh basil leaves, torn – ¼ cup
- Follow the package directions to cook Gemelli. Drain it and cool it down completely.
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, honey, pepper and salt.
- Toss with pasta.
- Use melon baller.
- Now scoop 12 small balls out of each melon and cantaloupe.
- Add bocconcini, melon balls and prosciutto to pasta.
- Now, toss well to combine.
- In the end, stir in basil and spinach.
Green Pasta Puttanesca
All the ingredients required to make green pasta Puttanesca are likely to be present in your kitchen. So, you do not need to rush to the market or buy Italian pasta online.
- Calories – 210 kcal
- Total time – 20 minutes
- Servings – 4
- Spaghetti – 4 oz
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic minced – 2 cloves
- Chopped green onions divided – 3 tbsp
- Chopped and water drained Canned artichokes – 1 can/14 oz
- Chopped capers – 1 tbsp
- Anchovy paste – ½ tbsp
- Baby spinach – 2 cups
- Baby arugula – 2 cups
- Thinly sliced fresh basil – 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Red chili flakes, optional – ¼ tsp.
- Follow the package directions to cook pasta.
- Drain and put ½ cup pasta water aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium in a large skillet.
- Cook 2 tbsp green onions and garlic until fragrant and tender.
- Add capers, artichokes and anchovy paste and cook until heated through.
- Toss pasta, arugula, basil, lemon juice, spinach, and reserved water into the skillet until well coated.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes and remaining green onions.
Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad
This is a totally unique Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad. It’s a quick recipe with some kick.
- Calories – 331 kcal
- Total time – 20 minutes
- Servings – 8
- Pasta shells – ½ lb.
- Vegetable oil divided – 1 tbsp
- Andouille sausage – 10 oz.
- Seeded and sliced 1 red pepper 5 oz.
- Seeded and sliced 1 green pepper 5 oz.
- Low-fat mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
- ½ medium onion 5 oz., sliced
- Low-fat Greek Yogurt – ¼ cup/2 oz.
- Fresh thyme leaves – ½ tbsp
- Hot sauce – 2 tsp
- Drained and rinsed red beans – 2 13.5 oz. cans
- Boil salted water in a large pot. Follow package instructions to cook pasta.
- Drain and then place in a large bowl.
- After heating a grill over high heat, sprinkle 1 tsp of olive oil over the andouille sausage.
- Grill for about 3 minutes until nicely charred on one side.
- Turn and repeat the same on the other side.
- Continue cooking after lowering heat to medium. Cook the sausage through by turning from time to time.
- Chop sausage.
- Place pasta and chopped sausage in the bowl.
- Put grill over high heat and toss the onion and peppers with the remaining olive oil.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Grill for 5 minutes until softened and lightly charred.
- Chop and place the vegetables in the bowl.
- Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, hot sauce and thyme in a small bowl.
- Add beans after stirring into the pasta bowl.
- Stir and taste and season.
If you want to try these recipes on the weekend, you can buy Italian pasta online as well.