Red wine is common in Australia. However not many know that the lamb as a serving dish along with wine is the best combination. Lamb is easy to cook and looks impressive if you know the right color and texture that is to be served. The ingredients and their exact measurement aren’t important. You can grill or cook on the stove without messing up.
Barbecue is a specialty of Australia. Many beaches, restaurants, campgrounds provide free or coin-operated electric or gas barbecue grillers. You also get covered shelter, water, and beverages as the host knows your purpose of coming for a picnic or gathering. Australians love grilling any kind of meat since lamb is less messy and easy to tackle, and therefore it becomes their favorite after steak.
Due to COVID19, people are unable to enjoy this Christmas and New Year with family. However, the celebration cannot be missed, even if it is with a few family members. Lamb is the easiest meat with various recipes and methods in which it can be cooked.
This season if you’re missing home food, then try few Australian lamb recipes from the Australian Lamb website. They aim to provide easy recipes that delight an individual. Whether you want ordinary home food with lamb or lamb barbecue recipes, they have all recipes on one site. The Australian Lamb is provided by Meat & Livestock Australia which is the marketing, R&D Company of Australia’s cattle and sheep producers.
Mentioned below are some of the lamb recipes that may enlighten your mood during the festive season –
Instant Pot Aussie Lamb Stew
- 3 pounds of boneless lamb
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, rosemary, thyme, parsley
- 6 slices of bacon cut in pieces of 1 inch
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- 2tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup beer or red wine, mini rainbow carrot, fresh chopped green beans
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup of green peas
- Lemon juice and herbs for garnish
- Mix chopped lamb (in 2 inches) with flour, pepper, salt.
- Cook bacon for 3-4 min in the oven in sauté mode. Then add onion and garlic and cook again for 3-4 minutes until bacon is brown and onions are soft.
- Now add 1 tbsp oil in bacon fat left in bacon tray and roast lamb until brown. Now transfer the brown lamb to a bacon, onion, and garlic plate.
- Now in the instant pot, add beer, 1.5 cups of beef broth, and herbs. Pressure cook for 15 minutes and immediately release pressure to avoid too much tenderness.
- Now add potatoes, rutabaga, carrots, green beans, to the lamb and pressure cook for 10 minutes, and let it release pressure naturally.
- On the other hand mix, all other ingredients with the remaining beef broth warm it until stew thickens. Add salt pepper and other ingredients as per your taste.
- Add all together and serve with fresh herbs.
You can also try
- Roasted brown Lamb with red wine sauce that is prepared on the pan with herbs.
- Marinated boneless roasted leg lamb with olive oil and herbs.
- Garnish roasted lamb piece with citrusy, lemongrass, and other Asian flavors.
- Serve roasted lamb on a burger with cheese and your favorite sauce.
- Stuff boneless leg lamb with garlic, parsley, and pancetta, then roll up and tie the lab before roasting in the oven. It goes well with white sauce.
Various other grandma recipes can be slightly modified and used with roasted lambs. Enjoy this season by cooking a delicious meal for yourself and enjoy staying home safely.